UTEC Test Technician
Location: 515- Ellijay, GA
Function: Engineering Maintenance
The primary responsibly of the UTEC Test Technician is to design, develop, build and implement test equipment and methods required for testing standard and special devices used in our products. Additionally, the UTEC Test Technician will be responsible for compiling data and defining changes required in test equipment, test procedures, or new testing requirements.
Duties and Requirements of the Job:
• Accountable for Control Box functional testing to ensure that products are properly tested per the customer’s specific requirements and are defect free.
• Design, assemble and de-bug custom test fixtures and computer automated test systems for Electrical Control panels for HVAC and Industrial equipment including the necessary jigs, fixtures and interface connections.
• Train operators in the usage of the test equipment.
• Assist assembly operators with trouble shooting failed units.
• Ensure that the design meets established safety and performance standards.
• Maintain organized project records.
• Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformities relating to product testing process and quality system
• Perform duties in accordance with ISO/QS9000 standard
• Other duties as assigned
• Work effectively with other groups and locations to transfer ideas, designs, and technology to enhance Whitepath as a Global supplier.
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
• Must be a self-directed professional able to work without direct supervision
• The ability to drive projects to completion on schedule
• Ability to manage multiple project events and changing priorities.
• Strong ability to formulate, evaluate, and implement solutions to design problems
• Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to adapt and learn quickly
• Proficiency with computers (Excel, Word, Access)
• PM on all test fixturing per schedule
• Ability to design for ease of operator use
• Engineer, design, and Quote ‘end effectors’ for efficacious fixture/product interface
• Designing, building, wiring new project test fixtures and upgrading existing fixtures per product changes
• Familiarity with Keysight test equipment and IVI Components
• Ability to read electrical schematics
• Familiarity with DMM’s, Oscilloscopes, and other test tools
• Parts & Equipment ordering for UTEC (Huntington, Mexico, & Georgia)
• Work up Quotes for Building New Test Fixtures, and Modifications to Existing Test Fixtures
• Experience with troubleshooting electrical problems to root cause
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Effective communication skills
• Proficient in stripping, crimping, soldering, use of shop hand tools & equipment
• Build cables and necessary harnesses for test fixture/product interface
Educational Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
• Associate degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering Technology required or equivalent work related experience.
• A minimum of 3 years experience with degree or 10 years experience without a degree.
Physical Requirements to Perform the Duties of the Job:
• Able to lift 30 to 50 pounds
Licensing or Other Special Certification Required:
• Valid passport or ability to obtain one
• Valid driver’s license